Himawari Meteorological Satellite Ground Reception System
This is one of our principal products which is a complete ground reception and processing
system for the Japanese Meteorological Satellites called Himawari 8/9 (GOES-R type satellites).
The system can receive data, process and make it visualizations for professional users.
Observation data of a Himawari Satellite is disseminated through a commercial
communication satellite called "JCSAT-2B" with free of charge for users.
The data dissemination service is called as "HimawariCast".
Himawari 8/9 satellite has 16 bands of sensors on the craft and carries out observations every 10 minutes for full globe.
The HimawariCast broadcasting service contains 14 channels of Himawari data among 16 bands upon real-time bases.
You can get full globe data of Himawari for visible band as well as 3 Near IRs, 3 Water vapor
and 7 IR bands with every 10 minutes periods.
This feature allows you to use various analysis capabilities.
Weather analysis functions and capabilities could be dramatically improved
thanks to the new Himawari 8/9 satellites.
You can also get data other than Himawari imageries such as Global Numerical
Weather Prediction products of JMA as well as Ground surface and Upperair
observation data gathered from the GTS network and Ocean Surface Wind Data
called ASCAT products observed by EUMETSAT METOP satellite.
- The system consists of components such as a 2.4m parabolic antenna,
a DVB-S2 receiver, a reception/processing PC and visualization PCs.
- The visualization PC contains SATAID software which was developed by JMA.
- SATAID has multifunctional and very advanced capabilities to use for various
range of weather analysis tasks.
- The imagery products generated automatically or manually can be disseminated
to the users from the system over the network.
- The system is a low-cost but has very high-performance and essential
capabilities for daily or emergency weather forecasting operations.
- There are many National Weather Services in the Asia and Pacific countries
who are using our system.
- It is the most effective and vital tool for weather forecasting operations.
WMO/GTS Message Switching System (MSS)
The GTS Meteorological Message Switching System is designated for National
Meteorological Service connecting to the WMO Global Telecommunication Network
to provide automatic data exchanging capabilities based on valid WMO message
formats such as TDCF (Table Driven Code Form) and other standards.
- The system can handle various data such as real-time observation
data, oceanographic data, aviation data, climate data, NWP products as
well as early warning information sort of seismic, volcanic or
typhoon/cyclone warnings on the GTS network.
- The system can also support our AWS observation systems to gather
and transmit data to the GTS in compliance with WMO format and protocols
in automatic basis.
- The system has very high performance data processing with non-stop
full fault-tolerance capability with our unique and high-reliability
software on a real-time Relational Database Management system.
- The system also has powerful client service functions enable to
disseminate and gather data to/from domestic users based on the most
up-to-date Internet/Intranet technology.
WL-2250 AWS Data Logger
The WL-2250 is an AWS data logger with
powerful networking capability connectable with various IP networks such
as ADSL, FTTH, cellar, WiFi radio and satellite communication links. The
logger consists of two parts as a Front-End Unit (FEU) and a main body
wired with a regular UTP cable between them.
- Since FEU has built-in instrumentation interfaces, various sensors
such as wind, temperatures, humidity, air pressure, precipitation or
radiations can be connected to FEU directly.
- All sensor signals can be quantized by high-precision ADC, 10Hz each
in FEU and transmitted to the logger via a UTP cable.
- The logger can make linearization of sensor data and primary
statistical processing such as mean, max/min, time of occurrence,
standard deviations and etc.
- Data shall be recorded based on BUFR format in the logger and
transferred to the host server through various IP networks.
- GPS receiver can be mounted on the logger and enable to use accurate
time and location information.
- The logger operates with DC12V low power.
Data Logger for Precipitation
This data logger is designated for
using data collections at the simple Precipitation observation site.
- The logger receives pulse output from the tipping-bucket rain sensor
and record data upon the occurrence of an event as time series of the
year, month, date, hour, minute and second into a built-in memory chip
in a logger.
- The logger also supports the networking capability to connect with
Internet or the cell-phone networks like GPRS, GSM, WiMAX, LTE or etc.
- The logger can record event data for 5 years continuously with a
built-in lithium battery but external power supply shall be necessary
when the logger uses a network connection to gather data via online.
- The data acquisition unit (DAU) can be used to collect data from the
Precipitation loggers up to 20 observation sites per unit.
- The data server at the host center can also gather data from
individual observation sites directly, of course, but more variety of
circuits and protocols can be available to use if the DAU were used to
gather data indirectly at the host center.
- DAU also supports the compatible data format as the case of the AWS
On-line LED Weather / Disaster prevention Information display
This system collects weather information and emergency
information through a variety of networks including ground cable networks,
cell phone and communication satellites. The information is promptly
displayed on large LED displays both indoors and outdoors to be utilized
publicly or privately.
- Still, scroll and motion display effects are available for all the
text data and graphical data.
- The system is configured with a clear and easy view full-color,
3-color or monochromatic display.
- This system automatically selects the on-line real time information
to be displayed, such as weather information and emergency message
including earthquake / tidal wave / meteorological warnings, according
to the situation.
- Every model of the system, indoor and outdoor, shares outstanding
stability and long life.
- This system is applicable to wide variety of purposes for it accepts
various types of on-line information such as news reports, market
information, stock / exchange market information, not to mention
- This system can be equipped with the Loudspeaker System (option).